Friday, April 22, 2011

Back to reality!

My return to work after five months off for maternity leave was actually way easier than I had expected. It has been very nice to get back to more of a schedule (yes, I am THAT person who likes having a plan) and confirming that I am still needed at work is a good thing! Although it turns out that I am needed more here at home today since Finn was hit with a stomach bug last night. Blech. Poor little guy was subjected to two additional baths in the middle of the night and three bed linen changes until we ran out of clean sheets for him and set up him on the couch. He seems to be feeling better today and we have been vomit-less for 7 hours so hopefully we are on the mend. And, I am praying the rest of us don't get it.


Besides the nighttime puke party, we are doing well! Tate started at his caregiver's home on Monday and he is doing great. He has a little friend who is two weeks older than he is and they seem to have a fun time together. I am so thankful that we found a loving, caring, responsible, SANE person to watch our little guy. That makes leaving for work that much easier.


We are looking forward to celebrating a 3rd birthday on Saturday for one of Finn's school buddies and seeing my college friend Sarah and her family in town! I think the Easter Bunny is planning to hop on by our house and Finn will be excited for some treats. Man does that kid have a sweet tooth!


Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay - glad you're happy about getting back to work:) Hope Finn is all healed up and devouring Easter candy!