Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summertime and the livin's easy...

That Billie Holiday sure knows what she is talking about. Oh wait, did you think I was referencing a Sublime song? Sorry, Daddy wouldn't allow that! :)



We have had a great start to our summer so far and have alot to look forward to in the months to come. Mommy says this summer is WAY different than last year at this time. She tells these wild stories about having to evacuate our condo when I was only two weeks old because of the Gap Fire, power outages, blazing heat, etc. and how she almost lost her mind. Good thing she didn't because she recently lost her book club book in our condo and she still can't find it...a mind seems even more important to keep safe! I am going to try to keep this hat on at all times because maybe it will be harder for Mommy to lose MY mind that way.


This summer includes Concerts in the Park, Mommy working a wedding (or three), bridal showers, bachelorette parties, Disneyland (yay, Mom says only 25 more sleeps until we can go there again!), weddings, ring bearering, visits with friends, the beach, happy hours...wait, did I just type that? I meant for my parents, of course! We are busy, busy Barrys, but we like it that way. It lets us appreciate those times even more when we have no plans and can just relax. Mommy and Daddy keep saying they want to take me in the pool, but I remember that place and I didn't like it so much when we were in Hawaii. Didn't they learn their lesson the first time? Those swim diapers don't work too well either so I may end up leaving a little surprise in the pool if they take me in it again...that will show them!


I am walking now and this newfound freedom is RAD! My parents still keep me contained in the living room/den area and my bedroom, but I can still find some great things to play with. Take for example, the Q Tip box...do you know how much fun it is to take those little guys out of that box? SO MUCH FUN! And, I really enjoy emptying my diaper holder (clean diapers guys, I am not gross!) Mommy tries to pretend like she is annoyed when she comes into my room and trips on 25 diapers strewn on the floor, but I think she secretly enjoys it so I am going to continue to empty it until they move the diaper holder! :)


Have a good week and I hope to be able to post more soon!
Finn

3 comments:

Craig and Angela said...

Ok you are so funny! I love the diaper comment because that is what it really seems like! Finn is such a cutie!

Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian said...

Great picture, who's your photographer? Jill P.