Friday, February 18, 2011

Lucky Lady

This morning I woke up tired and feeling as though I was getting sick, which was not surprising to me since Finn was a wet, runny little guy yesterday. Mark took Finn's temperature just to see if his annoying fever had returned and although we found him to be fever-less, we decided to keep him home on this rainy Friday. He didn't seem to mind because I asked him if he wanted to go to school today and he responded with "No, I stay here wis Mommy!" (Also, that is not a misspelling, but that is how he pronounces "with" these days!)

I hate to admit that my first thought of having both boys with me here again was not positive. Knowing full well we would be stuck in the house because the weather looked ominous and as if the clouds were going to flood at any minute (which they did!), I cringed a bit at thinking of how challenging my day was going to be. However, as soon as Finn asked me to "cuddle wis him" I knew that I was a lucky lady and had to change MY attitude. Not only did we not have to go out in this ugly weather (thanks to my rad husband who brought lunch home), we could cuddle, giggle, color, make silly faces and spend quality time together. There will be a time when my boys will not want to cuddle with me, won't giggle at the ridiculous stories I tell or silly faces I make, who will think that coloring is for babies or who would rather spend time with their friends than hang out with old Mom. I have to cherish these moments because they are precious and beautiful and fleeting with each passing moment.


To my Finn, may you continue to always make us laugh and smile at your hilarious personality and challenge ideas put in front of you that you don't agree with. However, could you lay off all the "why's" you've been throwing out recently?? :) And please don't get too big or too cool to cuddle wis Mommy. Nobody loves you like your Mommy, I promise!




To my Tate, may you always keep your smiley & mellow personality even as life throws curveballs at you, which it always will, as you get older. You are such a sweet little soul and we love you so much! And please don't get too big or too cool to cuddle wis Mommy either, but anytime you want to outgrow the spitting up, I am ready!




Seriously, look at these cuties. How can I think I am anything other than lucky?


Disclaimer - I know it seems like my children are always in jammies, but I swear they wear real clothes too!

1 comment:

Craig and Angela said...

I think we all have those moments! We want "our time", but you are right they are going to outgrow us sooner than later! I was LOLing about the jammie comment, I never noticed, but it is like James always being in hi undies!!