Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Birthday Month Begins!!

So, I love birthdays and my love of them seems to have been passed down to Finn. To clarify, Finn loves a party and it doesn't have to be a birthday party. I think that is a trait he received from Grandma Kinnane! But as much as I love birthdays, I REALLY love my own birthday and always have. My Mom used to decorate for our birthdays and there was always a fun celebration in store. Once I went away to college, my new friends (who have become some of my very best on this planet) took over the reins of the celebration planning for my big day. When Mark and I met during our last year of college, I made it abundantly clear that my birthday was meant for celebrating and I intended to celebrate the entire month of February. Since my birthday falls at the end of the month (the 27th, in case you were wondering) it is ideal to enjoy it for the entire month.


Now don't get me wrong, there is not a celebration each and every day. But, I have been known to announce it is my birthday month every so often and even asked Mark last night if he knew what today was. He accidently replied with "Tuesday", but then quickly remembered it was the start of my birthday month.


For my birthday this year I am hoping for good news from my Doctor who recently removed some pre-cancerous cells from a mole that was biopsied and found to be atypical. I was a mess for the past two weeks and even though pre-cancerous is not the same thing as cancerous, just hearing that word was enough to push me into an emotional state. Most of you will know that I lost my precious Mom to breast cancer when I was 19 and Mark lost his Mom as well to cancer, so hearing that word in regard to my own health was super scary. I would look at my two little boys and burst into tears. But, the Doctor doesn't seem too concerned and is hopeful he got it all so it won't be a concern in the future. Fingers crossed for positive results to come.


We are planning to celebrate down in Orange County with my family and friends at the end of the month and I hope to take lots of pictures and make lots of fun memories with everyone. Oh, and a beach cruiser would be nice too! :)

Hope everyone is well and here are some new photos of Big Brother Finn and Tate the Freight. Love these boys!

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Happy Birthday "Month" Courtney!! :) What a great idea to celebrate all month long! Your boys are so darn cute! And I hope you get some good news from your doc! :)

Craig and Angela said...

Happy Birthday month! Funny because I always say the same thing too, but I don't celebrate a lot, it is more just to get out of things or get what I want! I hope all goes well for you at the dr. I know and have experienced that feeling, so scary. Take care! You are in my prayers!