Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

Well, the Barry Family is officially turning the page on this chapter in our lives...we are moving from the beautiful Santa Barbara area for new career opportunities and to be closer to my family down in Orange County. It will be bittersweet to leave the place I have called home for the past 15 years, but know there are new, amazing adventures that await us. And just knowing that my boys have cousins galore and friend's with children close in age makes me happy. The outpouring of love from my friends and family down there has been heart-warming, and the response from those friends we are leaving behind up here makes me feel so loved.



So, we are packing up and moving shop. We have ALOT of work ahead of us in the next 2+ weeks, but once that is behind us I think we will feel a big sense of relief and excitement.



As for the boys, they are doing great! Finn had his three year check-up yesterday and passed everything with flying colors. He is in the 50% for weight (31lbs) and 25% for height (35 1/2 in.)We talked to Dr. B. about his belly issues, but he assured us that all seemed normal and nothing a little dietary modifications (and possibly more miralax) won't cure up. Note to teenager Finn, I apologize for blasting the web with your belly issues, but I want to be able to think back on the struggles we had with you when you were younger so when we are going through the door-slamming, metal music blaring rebellious stage I will remember these weren't so challenging! :) Love you, Finn Bear.



Tate is doing great! He is almost 9 months old and I can hardly believe it. He is a happy guy for most of the time and has decided to start saying something other than Da Da, which is most appreciated by yours truly. He says "Ma" and "Ba" too and sometimes throws a little "Nuh nuh" in the mix. He's a genius, I tell you. Most mornings we wake up to this happy little face and it makes me want 5 more just like him. Well, maybe not really, but he sure is sweet! Love you, Taters.







All in all, we are doing well and thankful for all the blessings we have in our lives. Hopefully we will have more posts soon, but may not until we are down in our new hometown. Crazy!



Much love,

Courtney



1 comment:

Craig and Angela said...

Congrats on the new beginnings! Hopefully we can meet up for a park date once you are settled! :)