Friday, January 13, 2012

Knock, Knock, Knock...anyone still out there?

Hello!

I cannot believe we have been living in Orange County for over four months now and I haven't posted a single thing. Sheesh, I wouldn't blame you if you blog-broke up with me!


All is well and we are settling in nicely. We are still crashing at Papa Danny's house while I search for a job and that is posing to be more difficult than I had originally thought. Our goal is to buy a house in an area we love that is relatively close to both of our offices so you can see how my finding a job is quite important to this scenario.


The boys are LOVING being down here and being so close to family. It is so great to make a quick Target run, which is < 10 minutes away as opposed to the 45 minute commute we had when we lived in SB, and run into some friends...or their parents...or my cousins! We miss Santa Barbara and are looking forward to visiting one day soon, but are really happy down here.


Finn is in pre-school and is doing really well. He still cracks us up on a daily basis and continues to push all the wrong (or right, depending on who you ask) buttons. His favorite thing to do these days is find words that rhyme and I had to tell him recently that "cup" and the word that starts with "f" and rhymes with "luck" do NOT rhyme. There is definitely no way we are sneaking Mr. Chatty with the vocabulary of a 10 year old into Disneyland and pretending he is not yet 3! I am so thankful for our smart, funny, happy, feisty little character.


Tate is home with me during the day and is my sweet little buddy. For the most part, he can be found smiling and babbling, making silly faces to try to get his audience to laugh or standing up on his own with the proudest look on his face. He has started taking a few steps, but always ends up on the floor and crawling like a mad man. I think he may be getting some new teeth in and he has had some rough patches, but otherwise is really good. He still naps twice a day and sleeps from 6:30pm - 6:00am...not too shabby! I am so thankful for our sweet, happy, funny-face making little lover.


Mark and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary in October with a family trip to Palm Springs. Talk about romantic and relaxing! We hope to be able to make Santa Barbara our annual anniversary celebration locale in the future. We have also gone to Knott's Scary Farm with friends, a Disneyland trip over Halloween, eating dinners al fresco at Papa Danny's house (when we originally moved down here, not so much recently), laughed hysterically at Jay Mohr's comedy hour in Irvine, met for a few lunch hours at Mark's favorite place - The Irvine Spectrum, and had one Real Housewife of Orange County spotting...well, quasi RHOC spotting. It was the husband of an ex-cast member. Still counts!!


Hope everyone is well and that 2012 brings much joy, laughter and good luck.

2 comments:

The Switzer Ohana said...

Yay for a blog update! Sounds like life is treating you and your boys well!

Craig and Angela said...

I am still here! Waiting for your witty posts! You still are at home!! Why haven't we gotten together??