Friday, January 1, 2010

Mystery of the Doo Dah - SOLVED!!!


For some time now, I have referred to a vacuum cleaner (and a broom and surprisingly a wrapping paper roll) as "Doo Dah". I LOVE the doo dah and can't get enough of it. This is a good thing for our condo since it means that Mommy vacuums more often due to my fascination. But, due to my limited spoken vocabulary, I couldn't explain to my parents WHY the vacuum is called a Doo Dah.


Fast forward to Christmas when I opened my very own "Doo dah" made by the wonderful people at Fisher Price. I was so excited by this present that we even brought it to Auntie Sheila's house with us for dinner so I could 'take care' of the carpets at her house. Once we arrived at Aunt Sheila's and I was set with the Doo Dah, Mommy noticed there was a song that was playing when I pushed the vacuum around. She utilized all of her technical skills to turn the volume up (this took 3x longer than it would have if Daddy were with us, but he stayed behind at Papa Danny's house nursing an upper respiratory infection) and was shocked to find the song lyrics say "I'm gonna clean the house today, DOO DAH, DOO DAH!" She immediately called Daddy to include him in the findings and they figured I must have played with this very toy at a friend's house.


Cheers to the mystery of the Doo Dah being solved...what a Christmas Miracle!

No comments: