Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Night Fever

Now, don't worry....I don't have a fever and nobody is dressed like this:



But, it is Saturday night and we are spending it in typical Barry fashion (i.e, at home and my parents are preparing to watch a rented movie that they missed in the theatres.) I have been a "little" bit of a pain today and I prefer not to share why (hey, my parents read this and they are STUMPED as to why I was in rare form for most of today so I am not letting anyone in on my secret.) However, I must say that I am writing this from the comfort of my crib and they put me in here 20 minutes earlier than my normal bedtime without a peep from me, so I am clearly not myself.

We are all looking forward to the New Year and have made some resolutions. Mommy decided, among a myriad of other things she will be working on this year, that she needs to watch her language...she isn't raising a sailor for goodness sakes and she can cuss with the best of them, but she decided to focus on sharing some of her other strengths with me instead. She definitely enjoys writing and has decided to help me build on my vocabulary. My newest words from the last couple of weeks are Doctor, Animal, Tammy, Moose, Blueberry, Cracker, Ernie and Pancake. Let's also clarify that they don't necessarily sound exactly like you would think (for instance, Ernie sounds like Oooh-Neeee), but it's consistent and I am definitely talking about Ernie of the Ernie and Bert fame when I say it. Hey, the "R" sound is hard for some kiddos!

We are looking forward to our visit to meet the newest member of our family in January. Baby Evan was born just before Thanksgiving this year so we will be taking a trip up North to visit the Bartow family and meet the new addition. Also on the agenda for this year are bridal showers, weddings, birthday celebrations, hopefully a vacation, spending more time with family and friends, making memories and sharing lots of laughs. One of our family resolutions is to have more fun and appreciate all that we have because we are so very lucky...we are starting NOW! Hope you all are well and thanks for checking in with us!

Peace,

Finn

No comments: