Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mommy and Me

Last weekend, Mommy and I drove down to Orange County for a fun weekend. Friday, we went to Disneyland AGAIN and this time Auntie Erin and Amber joined in the fun. I did NOT take an afternoon nap, but I did crash in the stroller at the end of the evening...not surprising after a day filled with the Play Parade, Dumbo, It's a Small World,


meeting Mickey Mouse, Heimlich's Chew Chew train, the carousel, the spinning Ladybug ride (no, that's not the name of it, but Mommy and I can't remember it right now) and one big kid ride called the Zephyr. I got to sit on the bench with my very own seatbelt on this one and Mommy thought I looked so grown up (and was sort of bummed she didn't think to bring the camera on the ride with us.) I really enjoyed meeting Mickey Mouse and smacked him square on the nose upon introduction. Mommy thought it was hilarious; Mickey and his handlers did not think it was as humorous.

Daddy didn't join us on the trip down because he had to pull Single Daddy duty for TWO weekends in a row. We gave him a little bit of a break and he was REALLY excited to see us on Sunday. Mommy and Daddy have come to realize that even though I am ALOT of work and have ALOT of energy, it is just not the same being away from me. Even when I am getting new teeth in and am a bit grouchy (hypothetically speaking, of course...not like they are suffering, er dealing, with this right now as I type.)

We get to see my Doctor tomorrow and I am very excited. He is a very nice guy AND Mommy & Daddy decided to skip my shots this visit so as to not risk any adverse side effects - whoo hoo! I need to be in tiptop shape for this weekend when I debut my ring bearering skills in Jen and Alec's wedding. I am sure we will have lots of pictures from the big day and will post them soon.

And, here are some photos from today...I thoroughly enjoy my bathtub unless I need to have an actual bath in it. At what point are my parents going to transition me to the real bathtub you ask?? It remains a mystery!
Peace,

Finn

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Hey Buddy,
My parents still keep me in the little blue plastic tub also. Mommy says it's safer and I'm staying in it until I'm 10. The few times I have bathed like a normal baby in the big bathtub have been disastrous. I slip when I walk and I constantly try to turn on the hot water.
Asher

Craig and Angela said...

How does he fit in that bathtub?? You know they have little seats that you can put them in? Like a transition seat. Don't you just love Disneyland!! So cute that he hit Mickey on the nose, so brave, James won't even go near the characters!