Friday, November 19, 2010

The Final Countdown

Feel free to cue the old song by that hair band, Europe. I have officially started the countdown for the arrival of our new addition. I have 10 more sleeps until we head to the hospital and I can hardly believe the time has come. The nerves are kicking in and I am anxious for the surgery, but cannot wait to meet this little person that has been "cooking" in here for so long. One of my closest friends up here had her baby this morning and I went to visit them at the hospital this afternoon. I was overwhelmed with the sheer adrenaline and pure love that filled the room and can't wait for us to get to experience that again. Baby Cailyn was born at 5:56am this morning and she is gorgeous. She also has a full head of hair and since Tammy and I both suffered from heartburn throughout our pregnancies together (which according to the old wives tale means a "hairy baby"), I am sure I am giving birth to Chewbacca.

3 comments:

Ashley Perry said...

I am thinking of you mama! I am excited for you to meet your little one, I am excited for you to have two kiddos. It is an unbelieveable feeling having two kids, having siblings, having a family of four! Good luck! Sending big hugs!!!

The Switzer Ohana said...

We can't wait to meet the newest member of your sweet family! Sending you lots of love and positive energy!

Sam and Julie said...

Im so excited for this next amazing chapter in your lives. I can only imagine how beautiful this new little Barry will be - the harrier the better :)