Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Update from Massive Headwound Harry

Ok, so it's not THAT bad, but Mommy wanted me to document the weekend's excitement of injuries. Now, I am going to start this off by saying I am a climber. If there is something for me to climb on, I will be on it ASAP. Numerous times a day my parents tell me "Finn, don't run on the couch" or "Finn get down, we aren't supposed to jump from the couch to the table" or "Finn, it's not ok to stand on the armrest of the couch" or my personal fave to do "Finn, do NOT jump from the armrest, run on the couch and jump onto the table." These two are really stifling my gymnastics career.

Anyway, I was completely OVER dinner on Saturday night and left my parents at the table so I could slyly pull off one of these many maneuvers before getting in trouble. I was having a blast jumping off the couch and landing on the table, when I misjudged the distance and face planted onto the coffee table. My right eye now looks like Rocky Balboa's and Mommy is afraid school is going to call CPS on her when she arrives to pick me up today.

Fast forward to Sunday morning. My parents were pretending they couldn't hear me when I woke up yesterday, even though I was sending them clear messages like "I GET UP DADDY!" Deciding to take matters into my own hands, I climbed out of my crib and toppled to the floor landing on my head. Yes, that was the second time that region of my body had been compromised in a span of 12 hours. Mommy and Daddy hope that this isn't turning into a pattern, although I did stay in my crib after naptime yesterday and when I woke up this morning, using the requisite "I'm Ready!" that Mommy made me promise to say instead of scaling my crib to freedom. Finally, last night I was playing under the table and stood up without moving far enough away and hit my head for the third and last time this weekend. Perhaps the next time you come see us at our house I will be wearing protective gear like a helmet???

1 comment:

The Switzer Ohana said...

Sounds like life at our house! I just got reprimanded by a lady at Trader Joes today who saw Daniel trying to stand up in his seat.